Friday, April 6, 2012

Big Game Job Safari

I just fired off an unsolicited email to a very important person* at a very important job* within a very important production company* that I totally love, hoping to inspire said person to take a closer look at my resume, call me for an interview, and oh, maybe even hire me.

OK, let me back up a bit.

I just Googled the crap out of said production company to figure out the name of this person and the company's email format, and then I put them together and fired off said unsolicited email.

And I'm TERRIFIED.

This is me right now.

I could have just completely iced myself out of the entire entertainment industry, or I could have just done the ballsy and admirable thing that will land me a dream job.

To my credit, I did try to reach out to a few of my level-headed friends for advice, but one quickly told me she'd call me back later and another sent me right to voicemail (you know who you are...not cool). But time is of the essence here, and I didn't want to lose what little courage I had.

Besides, no guts, no glory. Right?

* "Very important" is a relative term.
I think they're very important.
You probably think I'm nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment