Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Daily Special 8.11.09

  • Need more evidence that people are not even remotely conscientious consumers of media? FOX just picked up OctoMom's two-hour special.
  • Clearly, Angela Merkel has "more to offer" than her competition. Hey, baby! Flaunt 'em if you got 'em.
  • My So-Called Life is now on Hulu. Angela, Rayanne, and Ricky captured the bleeding hearts and tortured minds of early-to-mid 90s teens (including me) with their flannel, babydoll dresses, heavy eye liner, and bright red hair. This, of course, was back when Jared Leto was still amazingly hot and such a good leaner. The emo kids of today have nothing on the angst and apathy of the grunge era. It was so beautiful, it was painful. And yeah, we had a time.
  • Sometimes, I wish my blog, like my life, had a clear focus and purpose. Like the girl in Julie & Julia who had a goal of doing a new recipe per day. Or even the dude who runs this blog. He scours the news every day to find the craziest screw-ups. Then again, I do have a lot of TV to watch and food to eat, so where's the time?
  • Ever since a brief text conversation the other night with my friend, Adam, I've had this song stuck in my head. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment