Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Daily Special 8.5.09

  • The news of Euna Lee and Laura Ling being released warms my cold, stone heart. Well done, Pres. Clinton, and welcome home!
  • I'm really excited these boys are getting the recognition they deserve. I pretty much despise the Twilight fandom and everything that has surrounded this mediocre series, but I love Bobby Long, Marcus Foster, and Sam Bradley's music, so I go see them play any chance I get. In fact, I will be at Hotel CafĂ© tomorrow and Friday night for Bobby's and Marcus' shows (respectively).
  • I was always a huge fan of Michael Crichton, and his passing was sad, indeed. His website, though, is still up and if you're a fan of his work, I'd suggest you check out some of his essays and speeches on topics ranging from genetics to dating.
  • Head on over to Sexy People to see some of the most outrageously gorgeous portraits, ev-ahhh! I challenge you to find my favourite.
  • This wild tirade is getting some attention from LAist. Personally, I love LA, and I don't think it can hold a candle to the meanness of Chicago. But people will get their panties in a wad over just about anything -- honking and tailgating, really? Someone gave you the finger? Horrors! What I find most humorous is the fact that his/her only base of comparison is what was surely a tourist experience in NYC. Hey, softy! Get over your break-up baggage and move your ass in that crosswalk, or I'm gonna start scowling in your general direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment